A One-of-a-Kind Smile Makeover Can Give You a Stunning Appearance
Cosmetic imperfections in your smile can cause embarrassment, but often a single procedure is not enough to achieve real results.
So why should you consider a smile makeover?
I would like to thank you for making my year as Miss Connecticut so special! You have given me a gift I will have for the rest of my life. I truly cannot thank you enough!" (This patient won the Miss Connecticut beauty pageant and competed in the Miss America beauty pageant)
Dr. Balloch takes such time, precision and attention to detail to meet his own high expectations that he inadvertently instilled in me a higher expectation of the outcome than I had independently. He is such a gentle, friendly dentist too, which makes the experience even better, as does his awesome staff!
Let's explore the different treatments we can use in a smile makeover...
Designing Your Smile
Are You a Candidate for a Smile Makeover?
A smile makeover is an effective way to correct a diverse range of aesthetic concerns. Among other things, a makeover can address:
- Minor structural issues, such as cracks and chips
- Internal and surface stains
- Unusually shaped or disproportionately sized teeth
- An uneven gum line
- Orthodontic issues, such as misalignment, gaps between teeth, or rotated teeth
As a candidate for cosmetic treatment, you should have good oral health. Dr. Balloch will need to treat decay or gum disease with restorative procedures before beginning cosmetic care. Beginning with a strong, healthy oral foundation can increase the success of your smile makeover.
A Treatment Designed to Fit Your Unique Needs
Every smile makeover is different, and your treatment plan will depend on your particular goals. At your consultation, Dr. Balloch can explain the various procedures available. They will work with you to design a one-of-a-kind treatment plan. Along with your cosmetic goals, your dentist will also consider your budget and preferred treatment timeline. Your procedure options may include:
- Porcelain veneers: Porcelain veneers will cover the front of your teeth to refine their shape and conceal many types of surface blemishes. Dr. Balloch was one of the first dentists in New England to offer veneers, and he can achieve incredibly lifelike results.
- Dental bonding: Bonding can address many of the same concerns as porcelain veneers. However, instead of using porcelain to conceal flaws, your dentist will use composite resin. Bonding is a very affordable option. This treatment can be especially appropriate if you have suffered enamel erosion and do not qualify for veneers.
After a smile makeover, you may have a noticeably brighter, straighter, and younger-looking smile.
- Teeth whitening: We offer in-office Zoom!® whitening, which can erase external dental stains by up to eight shades. We also use state-of-the-art KöR® Whitening to eliminate both internal and external stains by up to 14 shades. With regular touch-ups, results can be permanent.
- Porcelain crowns: Crowns are a restorative treatment that can also improve the aesthetics of your smile. These caps will completely cover your teeth, and they can be a great option if you have misshapen or severely worn teeth.
How Can a Smile Makeover Benefit You?
Your smile makeover can correct a wide range of aesthetic issues. After cosmetic treatment, you may have a noticeably brighter, straighter, and younger-looking smile. Along with an enhanced appearance, you can also enjoy an improved sense of self-confidence. Your new smile will reflect your lively personality, and you will be ready to share your smile with others.
Smile Makeover Cost: Budgeting for a New Smile
Smile makeover cost primarily depends on the scope of work required to provide the results you want. Your dentist's experience will also influence the overall cost of treatment. Dr. Balloch offers flexible financing options to help you achieve the smile of your dreams without compromising your goals.
Many factors will influence the total cost of your smile makeover.
Estimating the Price of Smile Enhancement
Each patient comes into our office with different goals for their smile makeover. If your aesthetic issues are minor, such as small cracks, chips, and mild discoloration, non-invasive procedures such as teeth whitening or dental bonding could help you enhance your smile in a relatively affordable manner. If you are seeking highly transformative results, porcelain veneers provide incredibly lifelike results and beautiful symmetry, but will cost more than bonding.
Meanwhile, if you wish to achieve a more permanent improvement in symmetry, or if you have severe misalignment, orthodontics may be recommended. In some instances, insurance plans will contribute to the cost of this treatment.
If you are experiencing oral health issues such as tooth decay or gum disease, these will need to be resolved before cosmetic treatments can be administered. Often, these treatments are covered at least partially by insurance. However, issues such as missing teeth may require a greater out-of-pocket expense, since solutions such as dental implants are not usually covered.
Every smile is dramatically different, and the only way to accurately determine the cost of your smile makeover is to schedule an initial consultation.
Choosing an Experienced Dentist
A smile makeover can also be more expensive depending on the experience of the dentist performing the procedures. Although it may be tempting to choose a practice advertising too-good-to-be-true prices, the final outcome of your treatment will benefit from an experienced dentist. After all, revision procedures are almost always more expensive than initial treatments. Dr. Balloch has three decades of experience, and has received national recognition for his work in various publications:
- Recognized as a "Top Doc" by WFSB Channel 3
- Featured in the Hartford Advocate's "Best of Hartford" poll
- Named "A Top Dentist" by Hartford Magazine and Connecticut Magazine
- Included in the guide to "America's Top Dentist"
In addition, several of Dr. Balloch's smile makeover patients have been featured in smile gallery competitions held by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. Dr. Balloch will work with you to keep the cost of reaching your goals affordable.
Financing Your Smile Makeover
We offer several financing options for patients who are concerned about the cost of their smile makeover. We want to help you pursue the appropriate combination of treatments without compromising your goals. Our office works with CareCredit® to offer patients peace-of-mind, flexibility, and other benefits when financing your smile makeover:
- No initial payment
- Zero percent interest for up to 12 months
- Low, fixed rates ranging from 9.99% to 12.99%
- Low monthly payments for terms of up to 60 months
- No prepayment penalty
Dr. Steven M. Balloch
Dr. Balloch has been serving the Hartford community for over 30 years. He is proud to be affiliated with many prestigious organizations, including:
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
For more information about our services, contact us online or call (860) 659-8660 today.