We are excited to have the opportunity to welcome you back! Our office has always utilized personal protective equipment (PPE) that has exceeded all the previous CDC guidelines, however, in light of the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety.
You will see many changes, as we have new ways of scheduling your appointments and managing your insurance and financial transactions. First, you will be contacted 48-72 hours prior to your appointment via phone, text, or email and asked a set of health-related questions. It is required that we complete this questionnaire prior to your appointment. We will have to reschedule your appointment if we are unable to complete this step. Below is a list of some of the enhanced precautions we have taken to protect you in addition to extensive team training on infection control and patient management procedures.
1. Personalized arrival procedures to guide you from your car directly to treatment rooms to eliminate contacting surfaces.
2. Maintain distancing in the reception area for essential caregivers and parents of minors if they cannot wait in a vehicle or outside the office.
3. Removed magazines and items that can harbor or transfer germs of any kind. Hand sanitizers will be positioned throughout the office.
4. Providing more education materials to enhance your awareness of health issues related to this pandemic.
5. We require a mask to be worn by ALL patients upon entering the office.
6. Installed sneeze guards or droplet barriers at all reception areas.
7. Require hand washing and hand sanitizing before all appointments by our team and by our patients.
8. Introduce an oral pre-rinse by all patients to reduce exposure to germs.
9. Require all team members to undergo periodic testing for COVID-19 and antibodies for the earliest detection of exposure should it exist.
10. Record temperature and lung efficiency upon entering the office.
11. Record the temperature and lung efficiency of every team member each day at beginning and end of work period.
12. Payment arrangements in advance to avoid delay and allow contactless exit from the appointment.
13. Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients.
14. Ambient air management with HEPA 13 air filtration continuously in treatment rooms and common areas to remove germs and viruses from circulating air.
15. Enhanced disinfection with UV light.
16. Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures or fogging devices to access hard to reach places that can be easily missed.
17. Additional personal protection equipment like visors, gowns, and upgraded masks for our doctors and team to provide barriers against the smallest of germs and viruses.
18. Introduce protocols to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures.
19. Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons that may be touched unconsciously.
20. Longer appointment times for our staff to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner.